Prepare for a no-deal Brexit
Oct 25, 2020
Getting Ready for a No-Deal Brexit.
Whatever your stance on Brexit, we all need to prepare ourselves for the no-deal Brexit at the end of this year and make sure *all* our international orders are sent seamlessly from January 2021.
So here is a check list to help you prepare:
- Register with HMRC for your EORI number if you haven't already.
- Classify your goods with the correct 8 digit commodity code.
- Ensure the product country of origin is declared with product data.
- Ensure all product values are declared accurately on accompanying invoices or data.
- Check product descriptions are accurate and compliant against the commodity code.
- Ensure recipient email addresses are captures *and* telephone numbers ideally.
- Decide on terms of delivery and ensure this data is passed onto us here at OFEX.
- Check that all additional required information is passed through to us at OFEX in the data from your systems, like VAT numbers where relevant and mapping the “customs description” field in our OMS (Order Management Software), Mintsoft.
You may want to take the opportunity to upload product dimensions to each of your SKU's so that volumetric weight can automatically be calculated by the systems for international couriers.
If you need help with any of this, please don't hesitate to ask.
What will you need to do once, between us, we've made sure the data is complete?
Nothing! We take care of the rest :)
Please add a comment
Leave a Reply